SMTS: Starrag Group
Starrag USA Inc.
North American Headquarters
Skyport Business Park
2379 Progress Drive
KY 41048 Hebron
Tel +1 859 334 69 83
Fax +1 859 534 52 12
Tel.: +41 71 858 81 11
Fax: +41 71 858 81 22
In existence for over 100 years, with more than 80 years of experience as builders of milling machines and suppliers of machining technology. Formerly known as "Starrag, Starrfrasmaschinen AG, Rigid Ltd., La Rigide S.A., Swiss Rigid, and Rigid Machine Tools".
In August 1998, Starrag in Switzerland purchased "Heckert Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH" in Chemnitz, Germany, and made it a sister company. Starrag Group, as we are known today, is a competent partner for solving complex machining and manufacturing problems (including adaptive milling), specifically in:
- Aerospace Industry: structural components, jet engine parts (casings, blisks / ibrs, fan blades, compressor blades, vanes, gear boxes, fuel pumps, etc.), landing gears, and more.
- Power Generation Industry: gas and steam turbine blades.
- Automotive Industry: tractor frames, axle housings, crankcases, cylinder heads, gearboxes, connecting rods, just to name a few.
- Precision Machinery, Turbo Compressor, Mold & Die, Medical Component and General Production Industries.
Starrag Group is successful as a solution provider, offering a
comprehensive range of single and multi spindle 4 and 5 axis machining
centers, as stand-alone installations or manufacturing systems,
supported with full engineering competencies, including programming,
fixturing, tooling, and in many cases specialty CAM software packages.
Most of all, Starrag Group customers benefit from an extensive pool of
experience in high-precision machining of complex shapes in a vast array
The present range of high precision machines includes (Swiss or German built):
- High speed horizontal machining centers CWK400D, 500D and 630D with up to 4,000 ipm feed rate and 1.5 g acceleration.
- Classic horizontal machining centers CWK500, 630 and 800 for high torque applications (optional horizontal/vertical head).
- Athletic horizontal machining centers HEC1000, 1250 and 1600
(optional quill or horizontal / vertical head).
- 5-axes high speed blade machining systems (1-, 3-, 4-spindle versions) in various configurations with 8" - 80" capacity.
- 5-axes universal machining centers (1- and 3-spindle versions) with rotary/rotary table, trunnion/rotary table, tilt-spindle/rotary table and 8" - 70+" cube, with or without pallet changers.
- Flexible manufacturing cells (FMC).
- Flexible manufacturing systems
It has been Starrag Group's commitment
to maintain a leading-edge position with constant investments in new
machine designs and technology and thereby meeting the fast changing
needs of the customers and key industries today!